Tuesday, 23 December 2014

 The 6 letter adjective


One day someone said "Oh!Finally u start behaving like a girl"
Other "Tomboy turning girly"
Another "U are growing pretty,cute and girly"
Well all of this and many others didn't really have much effect on me until their frequency increased lately.
I questioned myself one night 'Is everyone around right? Am i seriously "not girly" kinds of girl? Or does my dressing defines my girly traits?"
Self enquiry alert it was and trust me it did wonders. Then i figured out what is being girly afterall. Who defined timidness and cuteness as an adjective for a woman.
And well if they did then certainly I don't fit into their criteria of it.
I am strong, emotionally stable and can very well handle myself.  I have my views and I don't need to play silly and cute when I am not. And somehow the world around has believed that all this is contrary to one's personality of being a girl.
Not only this, your clothes and look also defines your "girly" nature. And well my sweatshirts and no make-up look doesn't qualifies for it.
So what! Who said all this is what a girl is about.Just because some lady once carried herself this way and others followed her to be like her, does it means this is how we should stereotype a girl's personality. I suppose not.
A modern day girl can be the way she wants. Wear and behave the way she likes.
Be the prim properly dressed or stay in her pants if she wishes to.
Seems like "not so girly" is just being normal girl and rather a girl definition these days is girly and stereotypical:P
And well some may call u a tomboy as a comment someday for being this way or that way.Let them say it.
It isn't a comment afterall.It is their brain approving of your personality by a 6 letter adjective.
Let them fool themselves. Be comfortable in who you are.
Your behaviour defines who you are socially and well your sex defines who you are biologically.
And no one wrote it one a stone to define how your biological being should define your social self. So all the " not so girly" oops correction all the normal girls out there be yourself as there is no limit to your being.


No comments:

Post a Comment